Award-winning public schools. Nationally ranked private and preparatory academies. Exceptional higher education. Spartanburg County offers a wealth of educational opportunities from preschool to graduate school.
With seven school districts and more than 44,000 students, Spartanburg County operates more than 39 elementary schools, and four career centers or vocational schools. Four private schools also call Spartanburg home. Our commitment to primary and secondary education consistently yields award-winning schools, innovative educational programs, and SAT and Advanced Placement Exam scores that exceed national and state averages.
High school graduate or higher, percent of persons age 25 years+, 2012-2016
Bachelor's degree or higher, percent of persons age 25 years+, 2012-2016
Source: US Census Bureau (https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/spartanburgcountysouthcarolina/EDU635216#viewtop)
SAM (Spartanburg Academic Movement)
The goal of the Spartanburg Academic Movement - more commonly referred to as "SAM" - is to create a cultural shift in Spartanburg County to one that values educational achievement from cradle to career. SAM is an all-in partnership of education, business, government, foundation, community and faith leaders across Spartanburg County in pursuit of high levels of academic success for all our children.
Spartanburg County Public Schools
Spartanburg County is divided into seven school districts. Click on the school district for information on the administrative office and schools for that district.
- Spartanburg County District 1 - Campobello, Inman, Landrum
- Spartanburg County District 2 - Boiling Springs, Chesnee, Inman, Mayo
- Spartanburg County District 3 - Cowpens, Pacolet, Spartanburg
- Spartanburg County District 4 - Woodruff
- Spartanburg County District 5 - Duncan, Moore, Reidville, Wellford
- Spartanburg County District 6 - Moore, Pauline, Roebuck, Spartanburg
- Spartanburg County District 7 - Spartanburg
- South Carolina School for the Deaf and the Blind
For additional data and information on the school district or individual schools (test scores, report cards, etc.) visit the data page of the South Carolina Department of Education at http://ed.sc.gov/data/
Spartanburg County Private Schools
- Oakbrook Preparatory School
- St Paul the Apostle Catholic School
- Spartanburg Christian Academy
- Spartanburg Day School
Colleges and Universities
- Converse College
- Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Sherman College of Chiropractic
- Spartanburg Community College
- Spartanburg Methodist College
- University of South Carolina Upstate
- Wofford College